A

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Swiping an idea

I found something on Written that looked fun. It's originally from The Shore Bookworm, just to give credit where credit is due. And here it is:

1. To mark your page you: use a bookmark, bend the page corner, leave the book open face down? I always use a bookmark. I can't stand reading books with bent pages and leaving the book open usually breaks the spine.

2. Do you lend your books? I try not to. I'm really possessive over my books, but if you have proven to me you are trustworthy, I may consider it.

3. You find an interesting passage: you write in your book or NO WRITING IN BOOKS! Depends what kind of book. I have no problems writing in a book I bought used, but 'if I purchased it brand new it stays that way.

4. Dust jackets - leave it on or take it off?
I take them off while I'm reading it, but promptly put it back on. I know people who throw the dust jackets out. WHY?!?!

5. Hard cover, paperback, skip it and get the audio book? I prefer hard covers if I'm buying used... they last longer. Paperbacks are great for traveling, and I tend to skip audio books. I listen to people all day. Why listen to a book?

6. Do you shelve your books by subject, author, or size and color of the book spines? Ah... you've found my weakness. I try as best I can to organize by all of those categories. But since my shelves are different sizes, size is first. Then I go for subject, author, and then whatever else is left.

7. Buy it or borrow it from the library later? Always purchase. It's not green to keep buying books, but I want to know that if I like it, I can treasure it forever and ever.

8. Do you put your name on your books - scribble your name in the cover, fancy bookplate, or stamp? I may write my name in the cover if I think I could lose it, but my name means nothing unless the person finding it knows who I am.

9. Most of the books you own are rare and out of print books or recent publications? I have a mix. Most of the books I own are recent, but my pride and joy is my rare OOP copy of Ai: Japan Through John Lennon's Eyes. I got it for a steal!

10. Page edges - deckled or straight? Straight. I like clean lines.

11. How many books do you read at one time? Right now it's 3. Most of the time I try to keep it at two, but I've read up to five at once before during those good old school days.

12. Be honest, ever tear a page from a book? Only my clarinet music books. Don't ask me why I did it.

No comments: