A

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Review: Side-Kicked

Side-Kicked Side-Kicked by Russell Brettholtz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The superhero sidekick is an important part of the classic good vs. evil battle. But, as we all know, sidekicks are people too. So if they feel unappreciated in their jobs, what can they do? They can go on strike.

That is the premise of Side-Kicked by Russell Brettholtz. Chicago's superhero teams are all working to save lives and stop crime and corruption throughout the city. But when the superheroes become celebrities, their sidekicks are just kicked to the side, so to speak. They are seen as unimportant and their employers just want them to stay in the background. Once on strike, will the superheroes finally see their partners as something indispensable? With the rise of the villains in the city, the superheroes and their sidekicks will have to make important choices about their futures.

For an off and on comic book reader like myself, this is a great story to get into. I liked all of the sidekick characters and could really get into their stories. I also enjoy the artistry of the drawings. Super hardcore comic books aficionados may not find this one very interesting, but I'm always up for a story about the underdogs in this world.

*I received a copy of Side-Kicked from NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: