A

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Review: Adulthood is a Myth: A "Sarah's Scribbles" Collection

Adulthood is a Myth: A Adulthood is a Myth: A "Sarah's Scribbles" Collection by Sarah Andersen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Adulting is overrated—and Adulthood is a Myth is the proof.

The category Contemporary Women Graphic Novels is already one of my preferred genres to peruse for new reads, but I had no idea this book existed two days ago. Finding out about Sarah Andersen and her drawings was totally a fluke. I saw someone shared one of her drawings on Facebook. It was about books, so naturally the first thing I did was share it to my own author page. After that, I had to find out more about the artist, so a few clicks later I was downloading the book from NetGalley. And like many of the other reviewers of this book, once I started reading it, I stared wide-eyed at my computer screen, screamed “OH MY GOD SOMEONE GETS ME!!”

Andersen's drawings are cute and quirky, but they do get the humor and the occasional complete nonsense that is a socially anxious bookworm with a heart of gold. Had I not needed to walk away from my computer to do the adult thing for awhile, I would have devoured this book in no time. In fact, I almost wish I could have not discovered this artist until she had published four or five books so that I could have had a delightful weekend binge. Anyway... it's an awesome series of comics that sort of just gets life. I will definitely be purchasing the paperback so I can enjoy it again.

*Received a copy for review from NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: