A

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Review: Finding Gideon

Finding Gideon Finding Gideon by Eric Jerome Dickey
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Finding Gideon is a fast-paced action story that revolves around two mercanaries: the man they call Medianoche, and Gideon. While these two have a past, they seem to have more of a connection than their business. Gideon believes that Medianoche is his father. And Gideon won't rest until he's dead.

When it comes to action scenes, they were well-written and compelling. It's the rest of the book that I had serious trouble with. There are dozens (not exaggerating) side characters in this book that's really supposed to be focused on one man's daddy issues. While extra characters are necessary, I didn't need to know their whole past for them to end up dead two chapters later. If these characters hadn't been given more pages, this book could have easily been 100 pages shorter. I stuck it out until the end, but it just isn't the kind of book I enjoy reading.

*Book provided by Penguin First to Read

View all my reviews

No comments: