A

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Review: Divine Hotel: Time Travel Mystery

Divine Hotel: Time Travel Mystery Divine Hotel: Time Travel Mystery by Nicole Loughan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Divine Hotel is a run-down landmark and the place where Sarah, a social worker, finds her latest clients. Through a series of strange events, Sarah is met with someone who wants to help change the past in order to save lives. She can do this all if she can learn how to effectively use a ring that helps her time travel.

The initial premise of this book as a time travel mystery is what drew me to it, but once in the middle of the book, it is put on the back burner for the most part. There are many subplots that try to take over the story, some connected to time travel and some not. This subplots range from the plight of Sarah's latest clients to the history of the Divine Hotel to including infamous cult leaders. In what appeared to be a lighter mystery book, that threw me for a loop.

The book does clear up most of the mystery at the end (a little too neatly, in my opinion). What fascinated me was the few pages the author talked about the real history of the hotel, the organization that ran it, and what parts of the real story were included in the novel. Other than that, I don't think I got what I expected when I started reading it.


View all my reviews

No comments: