A

Monday, February 5, 2018

Review: The Last Time I'll Write About You

The Last Time I'll Write About You The Last Time I'll Write About You by Dawn Lanuza
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Last Time I'll Write About You is a contemporary poetry collection from Dawn Lanuza. Like most of the poetry collections released in the past two years, it makes a point to stick with simple language and standard images that deal with the cycle of a romantic relationship.

What stands out about this one is that it doesn't stand out from the pack--there is no ah-ha! poem in here that you want to share because it does something to stir the soul. This collection is much more like something you would put in a diary during a breakup, not out into the world. If it's going in front of stranger's eyes, it should be dressed up a little bit with complex imagery. This collection simply does not have that.

*Book provided by NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: