A

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Review: Fresh Ink: An Anthology

Fresh Ink: An Anthology Fresh Ink: An Anthology by Lamar Giles
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fresh Ink is an anthology that embraces and promotes diversity in writing. These short stories range from same-sex teenage flirtations to a serious look at racial division, all within the scope of the young protagonist.

My bold statement about this collection is that if you want teens to start reading and discussing issues that are present and real in their lives, put the Shakespeare down for a moment and add this to the curriculum. I know the massive backlash that would have because no one believes that their kid has any idea about crucial topics that divide and bring humanity together, but it's still my suggestion.

Overall most of these stories are entertaining and keep you wanting to read. Although there are a couple of stories that didn't hold my interest, the collection has plenty of characters to love and different writing styles to including a play and a comic to keep everyone interested.

*Book provided by NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: