A

Monday, July 9, 2018

Review: Queen of Kenosha

Queen of Kenosha Queen of Kenosha by Howard Shapiro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nina is a musician who wants to have a career, not just playing guitar in her free time. When she moves to New York, she finds the music scene hard to break into, but an unexpected opportunity arises. She's recruited into an organization that is fighting against post-war Nazi organization in the U.S. Can she manage to be a crime fighter and a musician at the same time?

This graphic novel has some high points to it: the artwork is great and I loved that each chapter started with a short playlist to set the mood of what was coming next. However, when the story veered to far away from Nina as a musician, I became bored reading it. I didn't like all of the infighting with the organization, but since this is just part one of a three-part story, I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt that it gets more exciting as you read on.

*Book provided by NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: