A

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Review: I'll Be OK, It's Just a Hole In My Head

I'll Be OK, It's Just a Hole In My Head I'll Be OK, It's Just a Hole In My Head by Mimi Hayes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book takes readers through the journey of a brain injury that the author endured just as she was beginning her student teaching semester. The story starts off when Mimi is okay, but in a relationship that has gone on far too long than it should have. Then you get to see how this relationship really affected her, both emotionally and physically. When she receives news that she has a brain hemorrhage, her life is turned upside down in an instant.

This book is written with plenty of humor, so you'll find yourself laughing more than anything else. There are also very little queasy medical issues or procedures described in detail, which helps for those who are a little sensitive to that. It's more than a book about a brain injury and the recovery because throughout the process, Mimi realizes that she has a huge support system that she can rely on for just about anything--not something that everyone gets to experience in times of crisis.

*Book provided by NetGalley


View all my reviews

No comments: