A

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Review: The Curious Dreamer’s Dream Dictionary

The Curious Dreamer’s Dream Dictionary The Curious Dreamer’s Dream Dictionary by Nancy Wagaman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Curious Dreamer's Dream Dictionary is a good starting point when you want to start interpreting what signs, symbols, and objects may mean in your dreams. This book serves more as a reference guide to look up different dream subjects than a simple book to read straight through.

I've been working to interpret my own dreams for years, and so I used this book to see what it would say about one of the most common themes in my dreams--the bathroom. Sometimes the dream is having difficulty finding a bathroom, or finding it in shambles once I get in there, or the worst of all--having sinks and toilets so tall that they are beyond my reach. This guide did pretty well in seeing the same interpretations I see in these symbols. However, there are a lot more obscure symbols (thyroid and wombat, for example) explored in this book and some of the more common themes are lumped together in too-wide umbrella topics. It's a good start to get you thinking, but so vague as to fit everyone that you would be better served taking the time to analyze your dreams on you own.

*Book provided by NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: