A

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Review: The Perfect Mother


The Perfect Mother
The Perfect Mother by Nina Darnton

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Perfect Mother is a story that has been told before, in many ways and in many different forms. This novel is reminiscent of current events, but you can also see many other stories in it of mothers trying to be perfect and have perfect children. Reading this book evoked a bit of anger because I thought both the mother and the daughter were absolutely in their own, self-centered worlds even when they were claiming to need and help each other. However, having this kind of reaction to unsympathetic characters made me feel like I just couldn't put the book down until I found out what happened. While I won't give away any spoilers, I was satisfied with the way it ended.

*Received this book free for review from Penguin First to Read



View all my reviews

No comments: