A

Friday, January 6, 2017

Review: There I Go Again: How I Came to Be Mr. Feeny, John Adams, Dr. Craig, KITT, and Many Others

There I Go Again: How I Came to Be Mr. Feeny, John Adams, Dr. Craig, KITT, and Many Others There I Go Again: How I Came to Be Mr. Feeny, John Adams, Dr. Craig, KITT, and Many Others by William Daniels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Whether you know him as Mr. Feeny, Dr. Craig, KITT or any of the other characters William Daniels has played, there is one thing that you should know—there's so much more to the story. In There I Go Again: How I Came to Be Mr. Feeny, John Adams, Dr. Craig, KITT, and Many Others
Daniels tells the tale of his life, which is at times sad, always fascinating and sprinkled with an extraordinary amount of good luck.

What many may not know about Daniels is that his career had started from the time he could walk, talk and sing. It was at the insistence of what we now call stage mothers, and this was the time before laws were in place about how hard a kid can work. From there, readers get to learn about early theater and radio jobs, the author's time in the service and his wide-ranging theater career, along with personal anecdotes and his long-standing marriage to wife Bonnie.

If you know him only from television, this book may open you up to new information, though not a lot on the shows themselves because there was so much else to talk about. Readers who have a particular interest in New York theater and some of the history of it will love a great deal of this book. I loved the book for the simple fact that Daniels had an impact on so many with his range of characters, yet nearly every one of his iconic roles he initially turned down. Talk about having a bit of luck on your side.


View all my reviews

No comments: