A

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Review: Best American Poetry 2017

Best American Poetry 2017 Best American Poetry 2017 by David Lehman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Best American Poetry 2017 is a diverse collection of work that hits on a bit of everything from politics and race to personal relationships and contemplation. The collection also includes a wide range of writing styles that can appeal to every poetry reader's appetite.

There wasn't a single poem that stuck out to me as being a true masterpiece of the collection, but I will say that the collection as a whole is worth checking out--and much better than the 2016 collection. What I'm surprised about with this collection is the diverse style, range and subject matter, considering the small number of publications included from where these pieces were originally published. Those who enjoy reading poetry should be able to find a few pieces they like.

*Book provided by Net Galley

View all my reviews

No comments: