A

Friday, August 18, 2017

Review: Pillow Thoughts

Pillow Thoughts Pillow Thoughts by Courtney Peppernell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Like many of the other modern poetry collections out there, Pillow Thoughts is not so much a collection of poems, but a collection of mini guides to get through specific moments in time. Much of this collection is focused on the reader and less on the experience of the poet, however, it is that initial experience that leads the poet to be able to dole out advice, love, and wise words to the rest of the world.

I will say that you have to be in a certain mood to read this book. I read the first half of the book during a pretty bitter time, and I spent most of the time reading this scoffing and rolling my eyes as I turned the page. The bitterness in myself eased up, and I read the second half of the collection, completely open to what it was trying to tell me. I can't say that it's a cure-all for a bad mood, but if you pick it up at the right time, you can help your soul find some perspective.

*Book provided by NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: