A

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Review: Depression & Other Magic Tricks

Depression & Other Magic Tricks Depression & Other Magic Tricks by Sabrina Benaim
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Depression & Other Magic Tricks is a collection of poems from Sabrina Benaim, a poet with one of the most popular videos of a performance out there. While that is the thing that drew me to this collection, the rest of the work is just as strong and emotional as that performance.

What I liked about this collection is that is doesn't shy away or try to put anything in a standard box. It's real and even as personal as it is to the poet, still relatable to a wide audience. The only thing I didn't enjoy is that some of the poetry is written in a block paragraph form, which I've always found difficult to maintain my attention span while reading. Other than that, it's a superb collection.

*Book provided by NetGalley


View all my reviews

No comments: