A

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Review: An Anonymous Girl

An Anonymous Girl An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jessica was only looking to make a few extra bucks--but what she got when she swiped a spot in a research study from a college student was much more than she bargained for. Once she is offered more money in exchange for a deep dive into her innermost secrets, Jessica's relationship with Dr. Shields becomes dangerous.

While I like the premise of this book being a psychological thriller, it doesn't really live up to the hype. Although I thought the ending was predictable (and I was proven wrong, of course) the actual ending didn't deliver what I wanted it to, and it was really rushed given how slow the rest of the story went. The manipulation by Dr. Shields and Jessica's attempts to thwart it were a little absurd, even though they were not out of the realm of possibility. It'll suck you in, but it won't wow you.

*Book provided by NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: