A

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Review: The Mermaid's Voice Returns in This One

The Mermaid's Voice Returns in This One The Mermaid's Voice Returns in This One by Amanda Lovelace
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As the third part of the Women Are Some Kind of Magic collection, this stands as a work that makes the exploration of abuse, violence, and survival come full circle. It not only features brand new work by the author, it also includes poetry by a handful of contributors who all have written about victim/survivor issues that complement the author's work.

Since I have read all three books, I still think that the second in the collection is the strongest, but it also may be because it contains harder imagery than this one or the first one. I think that anyone who enjoyed reading the first two will also enjoy this one.

*Book provided by NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: