A

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Review: Don't Feel Stuck in Love!: Journaling Methods to Transform Your Mindset & Manifest Your Ideal Relationship

Don't Feel Stuck in Love!: Journaling Methods to Transform Your Mindset & Manifest Your Ideal Relationship Don't Feel Stuck in Love!: Journaling Methods to Transform Your Mindset & Manifest Your Ideal Relationship by Jaclyn Johnston
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is a book that gives you the usual law of attraction/manifesting your best life spiel. While I came into this reading with as open a mind as I could possible have, I've been burned by this process before and it's simply not for me.

Let me be perfectly clear--some of the things in this book I already do believe, and do practice. I believe the universe is a living, breathing entity that helps nudges things along when it sees fit. I believe that going into situations with a positive attitude can make a difference. I just can't subscribe to the idea of manifesting your future (based on the steps described in this book) because the whole law of attraction thing is completely contradictory. You need to spend time thinking and believing that specific things will happen (just not depending on when, because that's the universe's job), but you are also supposed to take a set-it-and-forget-it approach at the same time.

In my previous practice of these types of systems, I've either wasted a lot of precious time picturing an ideal future while ignoring the here and now, or on a few occasions I've been lucky enough to manifest the perfect relationship--and I got to watch it unfold right in front of me, but without me in it. Am I psychic? Do I have the power to manifest joy and happiness and bright, sunny soulmate matches to others, but not myself? Probably not. But that's the point--I see what I want, I'm just kept at arm's length. Do I think that the universe will change its mind about this? Maybe, but just thinking and wishing won't make it true.

That's the biggest issue I have with these books. They never tell you that you still have to go to work everyday. You still have to deal with people and places and things that will drag you down. You don't get sunshine and rainbows just by imagining them. You have to work at something outside of yourself, and then the universe will take notice.

*Book provided by NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: