A

Friday, July 5, 2019

Review: Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come: One Introvert's Year of Saying Yes

Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come: One Introvert's Year of Saying Yes Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come: One Introvert's Year of Saying Yes by Jessica Pan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the kind of book that was made for me -- a shy introvert that would rather spend time with her books and blankets than at a raucous get-together. That said, this is a book that chronicles a year of the author's life as she tries to break free from the binds of introversion. Pan does all that an introvert facing this type of challenge would do: turn to apps to find new friends, sign up for improv classes, perform on stage, and take a chance that smiling at someone would make them smile back. Simple, right?

This book does provide inspiration for those introverts like myself who know that with a little push in the right direction, we can occasionally participate in an extroverted world and not die of embarrassment, boredom, or stale cake in Budapest. I think it's a lovely idea to step out of your comfort zone and participate in things that you just couldn't see yourself doing, though like the author, you really do need to have a solid support system in order to encourage the fear to take a backseat. Aside from making me want to do more socially adventurous things, this book is also full of humor and an honesty that you can only get from the introverts of the world.

*Book provided by NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: