A

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Review: Leaving Before the Rains Come


Leaving Before the Rains Come
Leaving Before the Rains Come by Alexandra Fuller

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Alexandra Fuller's memoir was an interesting read. It takes the reader through her childhood growing up on a farm in Africa to living in the US with her husband and children, facing financial and personal struggles throughout. I thought that the book was very well written and Fuller has a way with words, but it wasn't really for me. This is the kind of book that you have to have something in common with the author to really get into it, and we are about as far apart as you can get. I would, however, recommend to readers who love a personal tale of struggle and triumph, no matter how small it seems.

**I received this book for review from Penguin First to Read.



View all my reviews

No comments: